South Ayrshire Council are looking for a part-time teacher of piping. Pay scale is £14,925.60 to £19,841.40 per year for 21 hours working at various schools in the region per week.The blurb reads: ‘What is the role? You will provide a quality music instruction service in various schools within South Ayrshire including primary and secondary.
‘Extra information: The Grade of this post is Music Instructor scale. This post is considered to be Regulated Work with children as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme update if already a Scheme member, prior to any formal offer of employment being made. If you wish further information on the PVG Scheme you can visit the Disclosure Scotland website at www.disclosurescotland.co.uk. Please note you may be required to meet the PVG Costs.
‘The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Provide high quality instrumental instruction in primary and secondary schools;
- Engage, motivate and interact well with children and young people from a range of backgrounds;
- Encourage learners to take part in ensembles, bands, orchestras and choirs at school and authority level;
- Communicate effectively with partners, including colleagues, parents, carers and learners;
- Knowledge of relevant curriculum areas and developments including Curriculum for Excellence, National Qualifications and SQA progression;
- Prepare instrumental pupils for SQA examinations in liaison with the Principal Teacher of music;
- Prepare instrumental pupils for PDQB examinations where appropriate;
- Work cooperatively as part of a team in departments, schools and the music service;
- Undertake in-service training and professional development and review;
- Maintain records and provide regular updates as required;
- Monitor the progress of learners and understand their needs;
- Leading the development of the South Ayrshire Schools’ Pipe Band.
Apply here. Those wishing to apply should use reference number SOA1866. Two referees are required with each application. Closing date for applications is 29 January 2017. ‘
Craigmount Caledonia Pipe Band (pictured top) are looking for piping tutor/s and a Pipe Major for their Novice Juvenile Band. Marion Campbell (Committee Secretary) has sent this: ‘This is the only section of the band, so the PM would have complete autonomy in respect of the playing side. We meet currently on a Tuesday night, 6 – 8pm at Craigmount High School, Edinburgh, EH12 8NH
‘There are 12 enthusiastic children in the band at the moment, and they are keen to further their skills and experience in both performing and competing. We are looking for great leadership to continue the success that has been achieved in the Bands 42 year history. We look forward to you getting in touch, so for more information, please contact Marion Campbell 07901740192 or on firstname.lastname@example.org.’
Here comes the sun!